Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best ORBI whole house WIFI System for 5,000 SF Home (Interior) and Exterior

DinoHockey
Follower

Best ORBI whole house WIFI System for 5,000 SF Home (Interior) and Exterior

I am looking for some guidance and direction.

I would like to know what the Best ORBI whole house WIFI System for 5,000 SF Home (Interior - Includes Finished Basement and 2 Story) with enough range for both inside and outside.  I live on a large 2 acre parcel and I would like to also use the WIFI for outside by our pool and patio.  

I would like to install a new 4K Router (Brand still TBD) along with 3 or More Interior ORBI WIFI Extenders.  I would like to have one or more of the Satelite extenders to have Ethernet Ports so that I could hard wire my laptops/dock station and/or printers to it.  

I was not sure if there is a ORBI System that has the Ethernet Ports that is not a Router as well.  I was thinking of getting a seperate standalone Router (would need to be a Cable ) and I am not sure if the ORBI Combo Router and WIFI Satelite Extenders would work or not with a seperate 4K Router 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Best ORBI whole house WIFI System for 5,000 SF Home (Interior) and Exterior

You can use the RBK 50 series as a suggestion. 

I have a 40 series with just the base router and 1 satellite in a 5000sq ft home, basement and two story. 40 feet in between routerand satellite. at each end of my home. Have great coverage and performance. About 20 feet or so out side. 

The Orbi systems can run as main router mode or AP mode if you want to use a different router.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7