Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can the R7000 work in bridge mode with the Orbi

Can the R7000 work in bridge mode with the Orbi

I currently own a R7000 but it does not reach to all parts of my home.  I am in the market for a mesh type router and wanted to continue to use the R7000...is that possible?  If it is, how would I configure to the Orbi and the R7000 to optimize performance?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can the R7000 work in bridge mode with the Orbi

Thanks - I am just trying to get some additional coverage by using the equipment I have - maybe a little over use...

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

hi

sure you can use the r7000 as normal and just disable its wifi and use the orbi in ap mode for your wifi needs

seeing as your r7000 is connected to something for internet you could however just replace the r7000 and use the orbi as your router and wifi

pete

Message 2 of 7

I was hoping to use it in bridage mode to the Orbi and have the R7000 connect to my powerline attached devices - will that work - with the Orbi doing its wifi thing and the R7000 connecting in bridage mode to the Orbi and it connecting to the devices on the powerline?

Message 3 of 7

im a little confused as to how you have its setup and the terminology your using

so are you using powerline adapters as well ? when you refer to bridge mode what do you actually mean ? as bridge mode can refer to bridging the router or it can refer to using the wifi to connect one router to another

in reality you shouldnt need the power line adapters with the orbi wifi in place

plz explain your setup in more detail

Message 4 of 7

Yes - powerline adapters - the bridgemode is using the r7000 as a access point to the internet via the orbi?
Message 5 of 7

so then the term bridge mode isnt technically correct , but i wouldnt use the r9000 in ap mode with wifi unless its far from the coverage of the orbi as otherwise you would effect the orbi ap/band steering etc

Message 6 of 7

Thanks - I am just trying to get some additional coverage by using the equipment I have - maybe a little over use...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7