Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot download

JohnnyAz
Aspirant

Cannot download

Cannot download anything after setting up this network today, firmware updated no other setting touched. I cannot log into the “ip” page either to check settings or change them, it requires a password that’s not the netgear account one neither the classic “admin” “password” (as said in the instructions)
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
JohnnyAz
Aspirant

Rif.: Cannot download

Actually is RBR20 but I couldn’t find it in the prompted models
Message 2 of 5

There is support for the Orbi WiFi System, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Orbi RBK50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support <<<<

I'm afraid I find it difficult to follow your first mesage.

Cannot download anything after setting up this network today

What does that mean? What are you doing and what happens?

I cannot log into the “ip” page either to check settings or change them, it requires a password that’s not the netgear account one neither the classic “admin” “password” (as said in the instructions)

Login  to what IP page and with what?

And what do you see that "requires a password that’s not the netgear account"? What Netgear account?

Message 3 of 5
JohnnyAz
Aspirant

I cannot download means literally I can not download app updates, songs from
Spotify, mail attachments and so on; I searched ok the Internet for solutions and on the Netgear community i found some users suggesting to change this setting or that setting and I tried, but I cannot find any page in which to change these settings because i’m asked a “username and password” if I try to log into the classic “192.xxx.x.x” page and this username and password is not the one I set up while registering my RBR20 to the netgear community;
All of this to say, I found on this community other threads that suggest I may have to change some firewall settings or security settings or things like that but I can not even find a way to reach those settings to change them; I hope i’ve been clearer on this message given the fact that writing in English about networks and stuff is kinda difficult cause i’m Italian! Have a good day
Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@JohnnyAz wrote:
............. if I try to log into the classic “192.xxx.x.x” page and this username and password is not the one I set up while registering my RBR20 to the netgear community;

I believe you are trying to reach the web GUI on orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 (default). To access this page you have to use the username admin and the password that you chose as the administration password when you set up your Orbi the first time.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7