Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot install new firmware on RBR20 Router

HAFrank
Aspirant

Cannot install new firmware on RBR20 Router

When I tried to upgrade my RBR20’s firmware which is currently v2.3.5.26 I got a message that my firmware is “Up to date”, but clearly it is not since I recently got an email message from Netgear that the latest firmware version is v2.3.5.36 and that I should upgrade.  Can anyone advise?  Thank you.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot install new firmware on RBR20 Router

Did you manually download the FW files from NGs download support site, then unpack the .zip files then use a wired PC connecrted to the RBR and a web browser like FireFox or Opera and use the RBRs web page to update using the downloaded files?

Message 2 of 4
HAFrank
Aspirant

Thanks for your response, but your method would not be convenient for me because the computer is too far from the location of the RBR20 Router.  I tried to access the firmware update by using the Orbi app on my iPhone, clicking on Settings/Router Settings/Check for Updates.  When I do that, it says "No new Firmware is available at this time." But, the email I got from Netgear says there is one available.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Youll need to be at the RBR with a PC and browser to do this. I would not attempt this remotely as this might cause problems. If the system is working then you'll be find until you can get on site with the system. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7