Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cisco SPA112 (ATA Voip) and Orbi are not friends

btmi
Aspirant

Cisco SPA112 (ATA Voip) and Orbi are not friends

Everything was working OK with using Orbi in AP mode, but now that the VLAN ID bug is fixed I can use the Orbi router directly, everything worked EXCEPT an ATA SIP box by Cisco (SPA112).   Nothing can I do to get this box to register correctlly and I have tried every suggestion I can find including

• Turning NAT Filtering off
  • Toggling the SIP ALG option
  • Forwarding the ports
  • Setting up the device as the default DMZ

and a million other options.

I can register the SIP accounts using a soft phone using the same credentials, and and so there is something about this device that is creating the problems.

I am about ready to go back to AP mode and use the other router to connect unless someone has a better solution.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
btmi
Aspirant

Re: Cisco SPA112 (ATA Voip) and Orbi are not friends

I did get it working everntually, but you MUST disable SIP ALG (on the WAN page of the advanced settings).  I also removed the NAT filtering.

Don't forget to reboot your Orbi at the end, because the changes will not be applied until you do.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance or just modem only? 

Something to ask Cisco about to see if they have any help and information regarding this as well...

Message 2 of 7
btmi
Aspirant

I have V2.5.1.8 installed on the router.  

The Orbi router is connected directly to the NBN FTTC modem (manufactured by Netcomm).

I have tried a different SIP box manufactured by SIPURA with the same results, but a software-based SIP program on my Android phone can connect when connected to WiFi without any problems.  I am pretty sure the SIP packets are being blocked somewhere, but there is no mention of it in the logs.  I think I will have to go back to a different router and just use the Orbi in AP mode which is disappointing.

Message 3 of 7
UeO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to react so late. Perhaps too late.

Having had similar problems a Sipura ATA, I have given it a fixed IP adress and SIP ALG off.

The ATA is connected to LAN-1 of the RBR50 (router).

Connected to the satellite LAN wasn't succesful

Message 4 of 7
UeO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgot to add: NO Armor and NO Circle !!

Message 5 of 7
btmi
Aspirant

I did get it working everntually, but you MUST disable SIP ALG (on the WAN page of the advanced settings).  I also removed the NAT filtering.

Don't forget to reboot your Orbi at the end, because the changes will not be applied until you do.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know how you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. 

@btmi wrote:

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7