Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure Orbi RBR20 on my Orange Fiber in Spain

Dmirabelli
Tutor

Configure Orbi RBR20 on my Orange Fiber in Spain

Hi there,

I'm facing issues to configure the Orbi RBR20 in my fiber network. Basically I have a ONT connected to a router and I want to replace the Orange router with the Orbi. Actually I tried the configuration via app and it's asking the internet credentials if I do select the PPPoE option. Calling the Orange ISP I got the password but they told me there is no user they can give me. I did make several tests with no exit. Is there any thinkg should I try via the ethernet cable //192.168.1.1 configuration?  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Configure Orbi RBR20 on my Orange Fiber in Spain

Unsure there is PPPoE in the play...

According to several resources, Orange Spain is plain IP with DHCP on VLAN 832 tagged WAN when it's a direct line. If it is NEBA - this is when Orange doesn't have a direct line to your area - it's VLAN 20 tagged.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Dmirabelli
Tutor

Through the 192.168.1.1 I try using the advanced Setup Wizard, providing the MAC address of the previous router. After that it takes time to load the internet confit but at the end it always says “Problem Detecting the Internet Connection”.
Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Unsure there is PPPoE in the play...

According to several resources, Orange Spain is plain IP with DHCP on VLAN 832 tagged WAN when it's a direct line. If it is NEBA - this is when Orange doesn't have a direct line to your area - it's VLAN 20 tagged.

Message 3 of 5
Dmirabelli
Tutor

Hi @schumakuand thank you for your reply!

Actually I thinkg I don't have plain IP, most likely it's a NEBA as you said. Having said that, should I change the 832 VLAN for a 20 VLAN config? Same priority in this case?  

Message 4 of 5
Dmirabelli
Tutor

Hi @schumaku , just to let you know I finally did it. Thanks also to your input, it was NOT VLAN 832 priority 0, for NEBA it's 20 0 for all the devices. Olso I was trying to manually configure the DNS, since I moved to automatic it's now working!

Thanks again! Appreciated!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7