Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Orbi to Fiber?

GhostOrchid
Follower

Connecting Orbi to Fiber?

I’ve been using my Orbi with 2 satellites for 2 years on Century Link. I think the Orbi worked well, but we always had issues with our super fast (25 Mbps!)Century Link. LOL! We switched to fiber through the local utility company. Everything was working ok for most parts of the house, but we had some dead zones. In effort to resolve the dead zones without buying another satellite, I moved the main Orbi (RB50??) and the ONT from the basement to the first floor. Something happened during the move and I can’t get it to work right! I’m hoping someone will have a suggestion on how best to resolve the issues!

My old setup was ONT to ISP Router (Gigasphere) to Orbi. I THINK the Orbi was configured as an access point. With the new setup I’d like to remove the Gigasphere and just use the Orbi as a router. I tried removing the Gigasphere and plugging directly into the Orbi. This works for some devices (my IPhone 8 and FireStick), but not other devices (iPhone & TV). What could be wrong? Ive been troubleshooting for 24 hours now and not making much progress. ISP said there are no outages in my area. I tried using the Gigasphere with the same setup as in my basement but that isn’t working either. Any suggestions?? I’m new to fiber and ONT. The voice line running through the ONT is working.
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Connecting Orbi to Fiber?

The Orbi must be in router mode.

Could you please describe how the fiber ONT was moved?

Can you clarify that (a) some devices "work fine" but other do not, or (b) nothing is working correctly?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Actually, can you provide the manufacturer and model number of the ONT?  (Maybe it is also a router)

Message 3 of 4
jesse06
Aspirant

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7