Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disabling ports on RBS 50 while using wired backhaul

russogd3
Follower

Disabling ports on RBS 50 while using wired backhaul

Hello,

I currently have a RBR50 with two RBS50's, one wireless and the other wired backhaul. I'm planning to move the RBS with the wired backhaul to my guest house. I want to keep one port open for the wired backhaul, and disable the other ports (to keep others from getting on my private network). I found one thread that had telnet instructions, but I don't think that will work for my use case. It seemed like those commands would disable all of the ports - which would prevent my wired backhaul. I have enabled telnet via the debugging page and am able to establish a telnet connection. I just need the commands to identify all of the ports and to be able to administratavely disable/enable them independently. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Disabling ports on RBS 50 while using wired backhaul

If no one comes up with a telnet command, you could install RJ45 port "locks".  Here's a link to one brand:

https://www.amazon.com/NTW-NL-PBK10-WH-Locking-Blocker-Color/dp/B00KN1HMXY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_1?_e...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7