Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FIOS setup - No Caller ID

Chi7
Star

FIOS setup - No Caller ID

Hello. New user here. Making the switch from the AMPLIFI HD to the Orbi.

I set it up exactly how the AMPLIFI was by really just replacing the routers and leaving the Ethernet cables in place, Orbi is in router mode. Now i fail to receive internet based channels like Netflix or YouTube, and FIOS TV caller ID and widgets, on demand, etc.

I recently switched it back to AP mode and now I get all the FIOS content, but lose much functionality in the Orbi App and settings (Disney circle, list and control of devices, remote management, etc).

I need advice on the proper setup and balance on getting all my paid for FIOS content while getting all the benefits and settings of the Orbi.

My current configuration is:
FIOS Actiontec receives Ethernet and coax from ONT.
Ethernet LAN to Internet jack on Orbi in AP mode. One router, one satellite.

Any takers? (thanks in advance).
Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: FIOS setup - No Caller ID

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Any router built in here by chance?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Do wired devices get these services when connected thru the Orib or is it just wireless devices?

Message 2 of 8
stevefxp
Apprentice

In order to use the functionality that you mention in FIOS you MUST use the FIOS router and keep the Orbi router in AP mode. This is the only way that functionality works. Same with on demand and ppv services. It must traverse the FIOS router.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If the FIOS has a DMZ, this can be used as well and the Orbi can be used in Router mode...

Message 4 of 8
Chi7
Star

It's the actiontec MI24WR, something like that, Rev. 1.  it's the FIOS issued MoCa router.  

No wired devices, everything is wireless. 

Message 5 of 8
Chi7
Star

Not entirely true, because I was able to do it almost 100% with my Amplifi HD router, (without TV Caller ID), by released the DHCP in the FIOS actiontec and reassigning it the AMplifi by hardwiring it direct from the ONT. 

Message 6 of 8
Chi7
Star

Thanks.  Can you provide an detailed steps or links in doing the DMZ as you suggested?

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the Actiontec have a DMZ? If it does, set up a reserved IP address ON the Actiontec router for the Orbi router. Then place this IP address into the DMZ on the Actiontec. You might reboot the Actiontec and Orbi once this is done, Then test your services.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7