Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Here is my Orbi Setting

Mgomez85
Apprentice

Here is my Orbi Setting

Am gonna post my orbi setting which seems to be pretty stable expect for slow, inconsistent speeds on sat units with  iOS devices, but overal pretty much rock solid for the most part.

First thing first!

internet Setup under advance tab - I had to clone my MacBook Mac Address in order to get a lot of apps on my iOS devices to load especially FB! Which wasn't loading at all on my iPhone 7 plus

Wireless setting - I use specify channels base on site surveys from my laptop and some other network software to see which will be the best channel i can use that is non overlapping!! 1, 6, 11 I live NYC with multiple ap around me so my best channel was 1 play with it and see which helps you! I don't use auto

my 5GHz is set to default channel, really I think people will have issues with they 5G network

My guess network is disabled I don't want extra ssid I have enough showing up around me! Lol

WAN setting - everything is uncheck except for respond to internet ping, which I can't uncheck for some strange reason it's greyed out and enabled by default, also enabling DMZ here *WILL BREAK VPN SERVICE!!!** port stays permanently closed on TUN service and doesn't open at all, I tired and did numerous test and nothing worked

LAN setting - I have to static IP address set, one for my Sat Unit, the other one for my Security System DVR.

Qos setting - not much here but under WMM I have bother option enable for both channels

Everything else is default until I hit Advance Setup section where under 

Wireless setting again - I TURNED OFF 20/40 co existence I wanted strictly 20mhz for better performance cause I live in a multi family house. Plenty of walls!

Implicit beamforming is OFF! Enabling this thing makes things very unstable!

MU-MIMO is on! I have 32 devices on my network, I have a connected house with 3 different levels and 3 different families! 

Port forward I have 1 device set, since DMZ breaks VPN only way to allow remote access to devices I have on my network

Dynamic DNS - have set to no-ip and it works without any issue pretty str8 forwards

VPN SERVICE - enabled and set to TCP port and I can confirm it works without a missing a beat! I have it setup on my iPhone 7S

Everything else is untouched from here on!

i have multiple devices as mention such as, wemos, wink relay, stand alone camera DVR, Nest cameras, PS4, Xboxes, PCs, tablets, cellphones, sling box, smart tvs, ring doorbell, fire sticks, roku box, and the list goes on! I do have random disconnects from my nest and ring doorbell, but they reconnect on its own, and the disconnects are not for extreme periods of time, no disconnects from my wemos devices, my echo stays connected, tvs, video game consoles, pcs, fire sticks, sling box and all other devices on my network works flawlessly!! Hopefully these setting help everyone else!

i do get random speed drops with my sat unit only when using iOS devices!! And it's noticeable cause if for example am watching a video it starts buffering, but it fixes itself somehow! I dunno what is causing this issues but I know it's inconsistent, my iOS devices works fine when connected via main router! Full speed and no drops in speed!!

also as I note I have most of my devices connected to my router! Vs my sat unit! I personally speaking expected the router to perform flawless as it's a router!! Netgear can't get that wrong but the sat unit and the way it connects is tricky cause it's a wireless tether and wireless signal is NEVER 100 so I try to put all my strain on my router and use my sat to help relieve some of that strain for those far to reach devices.

hope this help you guys out there 😉

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Here is my Orbi Setting

Hello Mgomez85

Our engineers are working on these disconnect and speed issues but you can try to move the satellite unit to see if that helps also try adjusting the wireless channels. As for your settings when you disabled the 20/40 coexistent you made it 40 only not 20.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7