Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How I fixed my iPhone disconnect issue

Mgomez85
Apprentice

How I fixed my iPhone disconnect issue

So I have been doing extensive searching through this forum and stumble on someone mention ipv6 and how iOS behave regarding getting addresses, now I have always had this setting disable from day one cause my isp don’t support it! So today I decided to give the “Auto Detect” a try and my iOS devices have been solid as a rock!! iPad and iPhones alike! I had just setup my Ethernet backhaul and after getting everything Work my Apple devices just wasn’t hold a connect on my sat unit, router it works without a hiccup but my sat it constantly was dropping but after enabling the “auto detect” I also notice the that Orbi started giving my iOS devices ipv6 address on some and some with ipv4 nevertheless its rock solid and no random dropouts now! Hope this helps someone in the future I have fast roam and mimo also enable but changes these setting didn’t made a difference in iOS stability but I want to use these feature so I left them on! Cheers folks and gn 😊
Message 1 of 3
emmi78smith
Initiate

Re: How I fixed my iPhone disconnect issue

First of all, Go to Settings, Wi-Fi,  advanced settings and then select All the time on the option use Wi-Fi on suspension. Check your device setting. Your device is on power saving mode then this can happen as the more optimized mode switch off wifi when not in use. If you face more issue., I recommend visiting www.applemacsupportnumbers.com/apple-customer-support/

Message 2 of 3
ovrdrvn
Aspirant

Re: How I fixed my iPhone disconnect issue

h.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements