Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How often do you have to reboot your Orbi due to it acting weird/strange/odd?

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

How often do you have to reboot your Orbi due to it acting weird/strange/odd?

I was trying to figure out why my LAN speed (copying files) was so slow (e.g., 11 mB/sec) through my updated Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS (WiFi 6; AX4200; 12/8/2020)'s router via network cables between two over decade old PCs. Reboot fixed it.

A few months ago, my Internet stopped working but rebooting the router fixed it. So weird/odd.

What about the rest of you? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How often do you have to reboot your Orbi due to it acting weird/strange/odd?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

@ant wrote:

I was trying to figure out why my LAN speed (copying files) was so slow (e.g., 11 mB/sec) through my updated Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS (WiFi 6; AX4200; 12/8/2020)'s router via network cables between two over decade old PCs. Reboot fixed it.

A few months ago, my Internet stopped working but rebooting the router fixed it. So weird/odd.

What about the rest of you? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

FYI I have the Orbi AX RBR850 system and never reboot it to fix problems for my home computers/phones/IoT devices.  http://orbilogin.com/debug.htm says that my Orbi has been up for:

> System Uptime: 17 days 17:27:16

You should keep looking for tactics or settings to make your Orbi system more reliable.  It unfortunately requires a bit of investigating and getting details when your device(s) are not behaving properly.  Sometimes it has to do with the upstream Internet connection/IP your Orbi has with your Internet providers modem/gateway/router/etc.  Double NAT may be complicating matters also.

Message 3 of 6
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Mikey94025 wrote:

@ant wrote:

FYI I have the Orbi AX RBR850 system and never reboot it to fix problems for my home computers/phones/IoT devices.  http://orbilogin.com/debug.htm says that my Orbi has been up for:

After the reboot earlier... Basic Information

Firmware Version: V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

CPU Load: 8.11%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 438 MB/866 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 02:02:25

Server Information

Router Analytics: PROD

CHP Cloud: PROD

XCloud: PROD

BD Cloud: PROD

Circle Cloud: N/A

Is that good? It seems to already use half of the memory and CPU is almost 10%. 😕

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

@ant wrote:

After the reboot earlier... Basic Information

Firmware Version: V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

CPU Load: 8.11%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 438 MB/866 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 02:02:25

Server Information

Router Analytics: PROD

CHP Cloud: PROD

XCloud: PROD

BD Cloud: PROD

Circle Cloud: N/A

Is that good? It seems to already use half of the memory and CPU is almost 10%. 😕

This is what my RBR850 says.  Yours stats seem fine.

Firmware Version: V3.2.17.16_1.5.1

CPU Load: 12.80%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 511 MB/867 MB

System Uptime: 17 days 20:19:09

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7