Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I don't see WIFI router ORBI RBR50

RudySanchez
Aspirant

I don't see WIFI router ORBI RBR50

Guys, please I need help.  I just received my Orbi Kit RBK53.  I succesfully set it up and then I started installing manually the firmware upgrades because the automatic option did not work.   When I was about the firmware version 1.10.1.12 the wifi network dissaper, the power on light started to blink in green (which is not in the manual) and since them I havent been able to see the network.  I tried several times to reset the system to factory settings and keeps blinking in green.   Does any one have a suggestion or solution?  What can I do?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: I don't see WIFI router ORBI RBR50

Advanced tab---administration---backup settings--backup

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

sounds like its stuck in a boot loop if reset doesn't work and the power button is blinking. Follow this procedure to upload the firmware to it.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

This is from this post: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-RBK50-RBS50-Tips-Tricks-Hidden-Secrets-etc/m-p/1748881/hi...

Recommended intermediate migration FW version is v2.0.0.74 for users who have RBR/RBS with old or first released (v1.x) versions of FW. To get from old versions of FW, prior v2.1 or v1.x, users need to first load v2.0.0.74 on both RBS and RBR. Then users can update to v2.3.x versions of FW. 

Message 2 of 9
RudySanchez
Aspirant

Thanks mate.   I will try tomorrow.   Honestly I'm tired with this **bleep**.  Now I just want to sleep.  I wasted almost 15 hours in this.   Thanks again and I let you know once I've done it. 

Kind regards. 

Message 3 of 9
RudySanchez
Aspirant

One last question.   After the instalation  FW 2.0.0.74 and the hard reset, I will need to set up everything from the begining, right?   ie. I will need to run the setup application as I did when I got out of the box? 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

After v2.0.0.74 is loaded, load the RBS first with v60 FW.

Then you'll need to load the RBR with v212 firmware first, then apply v60 FW. 

Factory reset after v60 is loaded and setup from scratch. 

@RudySanchez wrote:

One last question.   After the instalation  FW 2.0.0.74 and the hard reset, I will need to set up everything from the begining, right?   ie. I will need to run the setup application as I did when I got out of the box? 

Message 5 of 9
RudySanchez
Aspirant

Guys 

It took some time to my old Geek skills to comeback but finally I did it.   Everything seems to be ok and my hardware is on the latest FW version.

Thank you all for the support and tips.   You really saved the day.

Very much appreciated. 

Kind regards. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it updated now. Be sure to backup the routers configuration to file for safe keeping. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
RudySanchez
Aspirant

Yes I will but one last question. How do I backi it up the routers config files? Where are they?
Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Advanced tab---administration---backup settings--backup

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements