Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installation problem

sandy641
Tutor

Installation problem

I have my ORBI on ORBI mode.

The app shows my ORB router and my new satelite but it says the satelite is not connected.

The app cannot detect the satelite.  When I get close, the app tells me to re-boot the modem and then nothing connects.

The satelite tells me that it is ready for installation but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

HELP !!!

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Installation problem

@sandy641 wrote:

The app shows my ORB router and my new satelite but it says the satelite is not connected.

The app cannot detect the satelite.  When I get close, the app tells me to re-boot the modem and then nothing connects.

The satelite tells me that it is ready for installation but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

HELP !!!

The best way to install a new Orbi system, arguably, is to use the app. Follow the instruction and once the router is installed and working, continue with the app to install the satellite. 

If your router is working then reset your satellite and use the app to add it.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Installation problem

Was the FW updated on the system recently or during your initial setup? 

@sandy641 wrote:

HELP !!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7