Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Inverse of NETGEAR LB2120 4G LTE Modem backup configuration

Geneous
Aspirant

Inverse of NETGEAR LB2120 4G LTE Modem backup configuration

I see a lot of discussion about using the LB2120 to automatically switch to LTE access when the primary internet connection (cable or DSL) fails. "Pass thru" seems to be the key function hers. So far, terrific.  How about the inverse, that is, making the LB2120's LTE access the primary and cable/DSL the fallback when desired (manual intervention, I assume)?

Appreciations, in advance.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Inverse of NETGEAR LB2120 4G LTE Modem backup configuration

@Geneous wrote:

I see a lot of discussion about using the LB2120 to automatically switch to LTE access when the primary internet connection (cable or DSL) fails. "Pass thru" seems to be the key function hers. So far, terrific.  How about the inverse, that is, making the LB2120's LTE access the primary and cable/DSL the fallback when desired (manual intervention, I assume)?

This question is more likely to reach someone with actual experience with the LB2120 if posted in the forum for Mobile modems and routers: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard 

The User Manual is pretty clear that the intention is for LTE to be the "failover" for the primary ISP connection.

Message 2 of 3
Geneous
Aspirant

Re: Inverse of NETGEAR LB2120 4G LTE Modem backup configuration

Thanks for the answer.  The purpose of the LB2120 is to provide internet access to a fixed (home) location to bypass the cable company.  I just learned frolm BestBuy that Orbi is one of the LTE routers that works with AT&T and T-Mobile.  I'll try that group.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7