Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loss of internet after power trip

rulli61
Aspirant

Loss of internet after power trip

I recently had a circuit trip where I have a orbi satellite connected via daisy chain. The main router was unaffected by the power trip. When the power was restored I was unable to connect to the internet. My IP is Virginmedia using a superhub in modem mode and I have contacted them and checks revealed there was no problem there end. After a few reboots and re syncs I got it back. This has happened twice. It’s as if the satellite is blocking the main router. Any ideas . I am running most recent firmware
Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Loss of internet after power trip

What FW is currently loaded?
Any network switches in the mix? If so, Mfr and model#?

Satellites wireless connected to the router?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Setup an IP adderss reservation for each satellite ON the router.

Also:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/My-Ethernet-Backhaul-Setup/m-p/1625276#M39379

Message 2 of 4
rulli61
Aspirant

I’m not that savvy when it comes to network settings, the same issue happened again today. What happens is if I have a power trip somewhere ,when the circuit is restored it is causing a conflict between the satellite Orbi and the router ,as if the issue is with my IP, but it isn’t but it’s  saying there is no internet. When the “daisy chain” is removed from the satellite and all orbi are rebooted it then rejoins the internet. So the issue is when it tries the link via Ethernet there is some sort confliction between the units. I am running most recent FW. I have better connection with daisy because of the construction of my house 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would set up IP address Reservations for the satellites and ALL other connected devices ON the router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7