Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing security tab Orbi rbk50v

clvk07
Tutor

Missing security tab Orbi rbk50v

Have upgraded to the latest firmware but cant see the security tab on the app to enable armor, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Missing security tab Orbi rbk50v

I would post here about this:

Ihttps://community.netgear.com/t5/Apps-and-Services/ct-p/en-home-networking-apps

@clvk07 wrote:

Have upgraded to the latest firmware but cant see the security tab on the app to enable armor, any suggestions?

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@clvk07 wrote:

I do not see a security tab on the Android Orbi app.  There definitely IS a menu choice for Security under the Advanced tab on the web interface.  Alas, I could not find a way to activate Armor because during the initial setup I told Orbi, "do NOT bug me about this ever again."

Have you tried the web interface?

Message 3 of 8
clvk07
Tutor

dont see any option in security web interface either for armor 

Message 4 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @clvk07

Can you please confirm the firmware version installed? Please make sure as well that you have the latest Android Orbi app (v2.3) installed. If you already have the latest app, I suggest to uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 8
clvk07
Tutor

Hi 

Tried with latest apps on both android and IOS. Firmware version is 2.3032

Message 6 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @clvk07

How did you update the firmware? Please reflash the same firmware version and let us know of the result. We checked our Orbi units here and we were able to enable Security Armor. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@Blanca_O wrote:

Can you please confirm the firmware version installed? Please make sure as well that you have the latest Android Orbi app (v2.3) installed. If you already have the latest app, I suggest to uninstall and reinstall the app. 

I just checked and found that the latest Android Orbie app (2.3) was available on Google Play.  Installed it and, sure enough, there is now a "Security" option under "Settings" that brings up the option to activate Armor.  As far as I can tell, this option does not appear on the Orbi web interface for version 2.3.0.32

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7