Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moving; do i need to do a reset?

parout
Aspirant

Moving; do i need to do a reset?

I am moving.  I will be transferring my same internet service.  The question is do I need to reset my system when I move to my new place or merely plug and play?  Thanks

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
budy
Luminary

Betreff: Moving; do i need to do a reset?

I wouldn't expect that a reset is necessary in this case.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Moving; do i need to do a reset?

If your getting into a new ISP system that differs from your existing ISP service/modem, it maybe possible that a reset will be needed on the router. Connect up first and see how it goes. If you don't get anything, maybe a reset. Depends on ISP modem you might get and DHCP services the ISP has in place. I took my router to my friends place on loan, we have same ISP so I set it up before I got there for wireless and such for his needs. I could not get internet working correctly. He had different modem then I have. I had to do a reset on the router then finally I got internet services. 

@parout wrote:

I am moving.  I will be transferring my same internet service.  The question is do I need to reset my system when I move to my new place or merely plug and play?  Thanks

Message 3 of 5
parout
Aspirant

Thanks, Furry!  I am keeping the same ISP and modem so I should be fine on plug and play.  Didn't know if changing the promixity of the two devices would change anything.  I suspect my satellite will be a bit closer then I have them now.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

No, you should be fine.

Enjoy.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation