Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help port forwarding NAT Type

remixsan
Aspirant

Need help port forwarding NAT Type

Hey, hello,

I've been struggling with port forwarding and enabling UPnP. Since the new game Black Ops 4 came out I have not been able to play with my friends thanks to my NAT Type being Strict instead of Moderate or Open :-(((

So I've been trying to make it open, by forwarding port 3074 and enabling UPnP. I forwarded the 3074 port by going into Advanced => Advanced Setup => Port forwarding/ Port Triggering and adding this rule:

chrome_2018-10-15_01-00-38.png

Where the internal IP address is my computer. I've made this IP Static from IPv4 settings in Windows 10.

Heres my UPnP enabled:

chrome_2018-10-15_01-07-10.png

I'm running one Orbi Router and two satellites and I'm connected to the Satellite 1 with ethernet. Has this issue something with me being connected to the Satellite instead of the Router it self or what's up? I need help! 

Thanks!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
remixsan
Aspirant

Re: Need help port forwarding NAT Type

I can now see with UPnP enabled (and Black Ops 4 running and online to services) I see the ports in the UPnP Portmap Table. I don't know if this is a step in the right direction - it's still Strict though Cat SadCat Sad

chrome_2018-10-15_01-45-22.png

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help port forwarding NAT Type

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Remove any port forwarding configurations you have set up as they are not needed. Just enable uPnP is all that you need. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7