Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Dugite
Guide

Disregard my last post, I've since found .44 and I have uploaded both firmwares to my system.  So far so good.  I have a Total Security 2019 subscription so lets see what happens when the trial runs out. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 376 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy. 

Post about your continued experiences on v44 here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-3-1-44/td-p/1725013/ju...

@Dugite wrote:

Disregard my last post, I've since found .44 and I have uploaded both firmwares to my system.  So far so good.  I have a Total Security 2019 subscription so lets see what happens when the trial runs out. 

Message 377 of 386
martinhj
Apprentice

Re: New - NetGear Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

I cannot activate Armor with this firmware....I just get invalid input. Have even factory reset it with no joy

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 378 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - NetGear Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Hopefully a forum moderator will help. Please post in the Armour forum. 

@martinhj wrote:

I cannot activate Armor with this firmware....I just get invalid input. Have even factory reset it with no joy

Message 379 of 386
spas
Guide

Fairwell fellow Orbi users. I sold my Orbi RBK53 system on Craigslist and moving on. Thanks to all who have been so helpful. Cheers and good luck!  

Message 380 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck on your endouvours. 

Smiley Wink

Message 381 of 386

What did you decide to go with instead of NG?
Message 382 of 386
spas
Guide

I ended up choosing the Amplifi HD Kit. So far it’s rock solid. It’s not as fast as Orbi but the performance is good and very consistent across the whole meshed network. I’m very happy the way it’s performing so far.

If my house was wired for Ethernet, I would have most likely gone with Ubiquiti Unify. The AP’s use PoE.
Cheers!

Message 383 of 386
Ragar99
Luminary

Ubiquiti is 10x better than Orbi, simply no comparison.   The only reason to buy Orbi is to avoid pulling ethernet which can be a big deal.

Message 384 of 386
benno777C3P
Aspirant

Why is the older firmware, which I evdiently need, not available on NETGEAR's site.  I have tried following a link or two in this community, and it takes me to a DropBox location.  I am not at all comfortable downloading from there to be honest as this has given me some "unwanted gifts" in the past.

It would be so nice if instead of telling me I need to download the old software before updating to the newest software that a link for that from a secure website for NETGEAR would be provided.  Can someone please assist?

Ben

Message 385 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

What version are you looking for? 

All files that were released are on the download site for each model Orbi. 

I recommend using v60 as it seems to be stable now and works well for others. 

@benno777C3P wrote:

Why is the older firmware, which I evdiently need, not available on NETGEAR's site.  I have tried following a link or two in this community, and it takes me to a DropBox location.  I am not at all comfortable downloading from there to be honest as this has given me some "unwanted gifts" in the past.

It would be so nice if instead of telling me I need to download the old software before updating to the newest software that a link for that from a secure website for NETGEAR would be provided.  Can someone please assist?

Ben

Message 386 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7