Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi App 2.2 Now Available!

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

New Orbi App 2.2 Now Available!

Orbi App 2.2.png

The Orbi App is now available to upgrade. Download the latest version to enjoy performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features like Remote Management and Orbi Network Map! Now you can easily control and monitor your Orbi network from anywhere! Test network speeds, pause device internet, and set up your guest network remotely. With remote management enabled, you can even set up voice commands for your Orbi using your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device.

To download the latest version of the app, visit the following:

App Store | Google Play Store

Don’t forget to tell us your thoughts below!

Message 1 of 30
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Orbi App Now Available!

Does this version eliminate the requirement of needing a Netgear account to manage my Orbi device? If not, then I can't use this app as I should be able to manage my Orbi devices from my local network without needing an account on Netgear's servers.
Message 2 of 30
JeremyWxB
Guide

Hmmm. If you are commenting on here you have a Netgear account, so clearly you *can* use the app. You just refuse to do so.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 30
GadgetVirtuoso2
Apprentice

What is the version number of this release? App Store showing 2.2.0.57 updated 3 weeks ago.

Message 4 of 30
Retired_Member
Not applicable

No, the community account is not the one that the Orbi App requires.

Message 5 of 30
njweb
Luminary

Just tried the new version of app and it killed my internet for several minutes. Connection was fine all day before that.

Tried a few functions on app (connected devices, network map and finally speed test). During the speed test I lost internet.

Happy with my Orbi's performance overall, but wondering if the 2.2 version of Orbi app has an issue...

Message 6 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New Orbi App 2.2 Now Available!

Message 7 of 30
AKLGUY
Apprentice

The App store shows 2.2.0.57 was released May 23

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 9.51.13 AM.png

Message 8 of 30
DrSeuss
Aspirant

Grrr. Orbi is great when it's running, but it is SO frustrating to have to do a factory reset every few days. I looked at the new app on Google play, but it says that it is not compatible with a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet. Oh well, one more issue with a sometimes great mesh system. Looking for the receipt...
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 9 of 30
raven_au
Virtuoso

Posting this here too, perhaps someone will answer the question!

I'm happy to see the improvements in 2.2.

I was really happy to see that "Link Rate" was reported against devices but soon realized that either it wasn't meant to be included or it hasn't been done properly. The link rate is not reported for any devices associated to satelites which, for me, makes the single most important missing feature of the app not useful.

Is this a mistaken ommision or is there a reason it can't be done at present?

Message 10 of 30
GadgetVirtuoso2
Apprentice

So you're going to return it because the app doesn't support a device that runs a really old OS version? That's one of the dumbest reasons ever. You're going to find that a lot of apps aren't going to support that old OS version more and more.

Message 11 of 30
factoryresetnow
Initiate

Did you miss the part about him having to do a factory reset every few days to keep it working?  Not everyone has these issues but those of us that do know his frustration and wish we were able to return it. I would gladly take a day where my power "blipped" at my house and I didn't have to touch my wifi system to get it working again. Or even slow down the constant disconnect issues to every hour or something. Is that too much to ask of the Orbi?

Message 12 of 30
jimbojames79
Apprentice

Access control. You can turn one device on/off but heaven forbidden if you want to turn another on/off. Everything hangs...
Message 13 of 30
dlad
Initiate

The new app is much better;  however the Network Map will not display more than 3 satellites.   I have 4 up on my network.

3 satellite display limit3 satellite display limit4 satellite up and operating on network4 satellite up and operating on network

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 14 of 30
Majorninth
Aspirant

So I'm currently running the orbi app on my tab s3 The app is version 2.1.2.313. it says it's up to date. I go to the the link in the announcement above for the play store and it says my device is not compatible with this version. What gives?

Android 8.0.0

Message 15 of 30
MachineElve
Tutor

2.2.0. 363
Message 16 of 30
Majorninth
Aspirant

App still says it's up to date. Play store still says my device isn't compatible even tho I am running 2.1 on that device. 

Message 17 of 30
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Majorninth

I will look into the compatibility issues and let you know what I find out.

DarrenM

Message 18 of 30
Majorninth
Aspirant

Thanks, just didn't want to uninstall app and then lose it when/if reinstall failed
Message 19 of 30
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We are aware of an issue where some tablets not able to download the Orbi app. We plan to resolve this in our upcoming update.

DarrenM

Message 20 of 30
ShahidArifin
Aspirant

I’m using the Orbi app 2.2.0.57 and it’s frustrating. It keeps telling me that the admin password is wrong whereas I clearly key in correctly and just less than a week after resetting the password still having this issue. Pls NETGEAR reach out to me if you know where it goes wrong. Thanks.
Message 21 of 30
Majorninth
Aspirant

And this new update will be released....when?

Message 22 of 30
Just_Lurking
Guide

I'm having a ton of problems since updating my Google Pixel 2 XL to Android Pie (9.0). Is there an app update getting released ASAP to address issues with Android Pie?

Message 23 of 30
jimbojames79
Apprentice

Updating to pie didn't make any difference to me. It's as good/bad as ever...
Message 24 of 30
swieder
Tutor

I have the Orbi app 2.2.4.397 on Android.  When I go to the Network Map and click on the Satellites, the IP addresses are reported correctly.  When I click on the Router, which is set as an AP, the IP address is listed as 172.16.0.1 which is incorrect. I have a static IP address set to 192.168.1.100.

I can get to the AP via a web browser by pointing to 192.168.1.100.

Seems like a bug in the App or FW.  Anyone else seeing this?

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7