Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New systems interchangable?

Phandam
Apprentice

New systems interchangable?

Hello

Are the new Orbi systems (looks like there are 2) interchangable, so I could use the plug adaptor with my original Orbi router?     Also, any updates when the satellites will be available in Europe?     Still planned for Q2?   

Thanks

Rick

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Phandam
Apprentice

I found the answer in a Verge article:

Netgear’s original Orbi will stay on sale, and all three of its Orbi units will be able to be used interchangeably within one system. That’ll allow homeowners to mix and match to figure out what works best for them — it’ll also allow for less expensive systems than what you originally had to pay for Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Phandam
Apprentice

I found the answer in a Verge article:

Netgear’s original Orbi will stay on sale, and all three of its Orbi units will be able to be used interchangeably within one system. That’ll allow homeowners to mix and match to figure out what works best for them — it’ll also allow for less expensive systems than what you originally had to pay for Orbi.

Message 2 of 5

@Phandam wrote:

Hello

Are the new Orbi systems (looks like there are 2) interchangable, so I could use the plug adaptor with my original Orbi router?     Also, any updates when the satellites will be available in Europe?     Still planned for Q2?   

Thanks

Rick

all 3 systems have the rbr50 orbi router and its just the sats that are different

you can only use 1 orbi router per system no matter what sats you have

so it would be useless to buy 2 systems as you will end up with a second orbi router you cant use

the sats however will be sold separatly

rbs50 $250 - has 1733M backhaul

rbs40 $200 - has 867M backhaul and les coverage

rbs30 $150 - has 867M backhaul and less coverage again

of course all sats must connect back to the single orbi router as they are not mesh capable , but any combination will connect to the orbi router

Message 3 of 5
loomis1975
Luminary

This is not correct.

The RBK40 uses the RBR40 Router, as does the RBK30 kit.

The RBR40 Router is the same form factor as the RBS40.

If you look at the pictures of the kits you can see the different form factors.

Source: The Engineering sample I have from the Beta Test.

The RBR40 Router's tech stats match up with the RBS40 Satellites.

Might as well not get a RBR50 router if all you are going to hook up to it are RBS40 and RBW30, backhaul wise. (unless they get the USB port working and you want its slow USB 2.0 throughput for something specific).

Message 4 of 5
Phandam
Apprentice

Thanks both for your input.   I will probably go for the original satelllite to keep the highest possible performance and stability, if it every becomes availabel in the EU.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7