Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not all websites are loading

Kingscoop
Aspirant

Not all websites are loading

Some websites are not loading and some are with our laptops and phones. When going back and using the spectrum router, everything works fine. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Not all websites are loading

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 2 of 9
Kingscoop
Aspirant

I wired in directly to the modem by passing the bridge as stated and it didn't work. We couod get on the internet but not all websites would load.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/router? 

The ISP modem needs to be configured as suggested in options 1 or 2, , if not, try option #3 with the Orbi. A power cycle of the ISP modem and RBR OFF then back ON after 30 seconds maybe needed as well. 

Message 4 of 9
Kingscoop
Aspirant

Not sure what yopur asking? Do yo umean the cable box?

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, the modem box where you get your main internet from...

Message 6 of 9
Kingscoop
Aspirant

Curious, What or where are the options mentioned?

The ISP modem needs to be configured as suggested in options 1 or 2, , if not, try option #3 with the Orbi. A power cycle of the ISP modem and RBR OFF then back ON after 30 seconds maybe needed as well. 

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

provide the modem make and model number.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

My post regarding modem combo units...

@Kingscoop wrote:

Curious, What or where are the options mentioned?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7