Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI60 - Need to reinstall

Knorske
Aspirant

ORBI60 - Need to reinstall

Made a foolish move.  Told my computer to "go back to factory settings."  I now have some Microsoft router, rather than ORBI60.  How can I get back to ORBI60!!

Thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI60 - Need to reinstall

@Knorske wrote:

Made a foolish move.  Told my computer to "go back to factory settings."  I now have some Microsoft router, rather than ORBI60.  How can I get back to ORBI60!!

Some more information would be helpful.  i.e. what is the "computer" that went back to factory settings?

The Orbi system has a default WiFi name (SSID) printed on a label on the bottom.  Does it read "ORBI60"?

When the Orbi was set up, was it given a different name than ORBI60?

Message 2 of 6
Knorske
Aspirant

Yes.  It is an ORBI60, and I installed it with the same name (and used the supplied password).  I have a DELL desktop, running Windows 10.  Naturally, the computer reverted to Microsoft (ouch, ouch).  I, too, appreciate my ORBI60 and the one ORBI60 satellite.  I just need to "get back" to them, away from Microsoft.

I will appreciate any assistance!

Thank you for your very prompt response.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Knorske wrote:

Yes.  It is an ORBI60, and I installed it with the same name (and used the supplied password).  I have a DELL desktop, running Windows 10. 

On Wiindows, there should be an icon in the lower right of the screen that can be clicked to bring up a list of available WiFi networks, and then select ORBI60 from them.  If there's no icon, then perhaps the reset turned off the WiFi adapter?  On the Control Panel, click on Network and Sharing Center, and click "Change Adapter Settings" on the left menu.  There should be an ethernet card and a WiFi device.

Message 4 of 6
Knorske
Aspirant

Dern.  Dern.  Dern.  The ORBI60 must be operating "too well."  I have selected a number of items (even before asking the Community) and the only result, regardless of the route, ends with showing ONLY the connection, with no ORBI60 in sight.

Yikes!

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Do other WiFi devices work with the Orbi?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7