Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB50 won't let me update apps

Blueridger
Aspirant

Orbi RB50 won't let me update apps

All,

I bought my RBR50 (and satellite) in November 2018, and installed in a fios house w/o incident. The unit's internet connection became intermittent last night. I reset the unit, and that mostly solved the problem. However, while I can connect to the internet generally, I am unable to update apps on my ipad. Also, the unit is refusing to connect to me Arlo hub, and it requires username/password credentials for many websites.

I had the problem in February and I can't remember how I resolved it. Can anyone help?

BTW, I try to log in to the Orbi through the desktop login site, and receive an error 41 code that demands that I log into the router, then it rejects my credentials.

Thanks!

Steve

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Blueridger
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RB50 won't let me update apps

Netgear somehow created two separated threads out of my question. Here is the response I posted last night after the problem was resolved:

Believe it or not, Netgear customer service solved the problem. The problem was IP address conflict between my router and Fios. I couldn't access the router b/c I stupidly followed their directions to log in (admin/password). It turns out that the password was the new one I assigned to the router. Once I entered that, the unit automatically assigned itself a new IP address, and all was golden.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Message 2 of 8
Blueridger
Aspirant

Update: I have the correct password, the router simply is not letting me log in. I am connected to the internet through the router.

Help!!

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

@Blueridger wrote:

Update: I have the correct password, the router simply is not letting me log in. I am connected to the internet through the router.

Help!!

Message 4 of 8
Blueridger
Aspirant

Netgear helped me solve the problem. I'm set - thanks!

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post on details of how they helped you fix this so others will benefit should others have similar problem. Thank you. 

Message 6 of 8
Blueridger
Aspirant

Netgear somehow created two separated threads out of my question. Here is the response I posted last night after the problem was resolved:

Believe it or not, Netgear customer service solved the problem. The problem was IP address conflict between my router and Fios. I couldn't access the router b/c I stupidly followed their directions to log in (admin/password). It turns out that the password was the new one I assigned to the router. Once I entered that, the unit automatically assigned itself a new IP address, and all was golden.

Thanks everyone!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks I saw your other thread just now:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-won-t-let-me-update-apps/m-p/1748605/highlight/true...

Glad the conflict was resolved. 

Having a modem with a built in router can be problematic. Why we ask for ISP modem model info. Helps us identify these modems. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7