Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK 50 Ethernet cable not connected

Dbrunett
Follower

Orbi RBK 50 Ethernet cable not connected

I just purchased the orbi system and so far it has been an exercise in frustration. I have tried multiple Ethernet cables with the same error which is basically cable not connected. In discussion with my internet provider we managed to get internet for a minute but the Ethernet message never left. Internet is not working again. I'm seeing certificate issues, help!!

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK 50 Ethernet cable not connected

@Dbrunett wrote:

I just purchased the orbi system and so far it has been an exercise in frustration. I have tried multiple Ethernet cables with the same error which is basically cable not connected. In discussion with my internet provider we managed to get internet for a minute but the Ethernet message never left. Internet is not working again. I'm seeing certificate issues, help!!

You raise mutiple issues.

• When do these certificate issues manifest?  Specifically, is it when you attempt to access the Orbi router web initerface at http://orbilogin.net?
    Or, it is when trying to access web sites on the internet?
    Which web browser is being used?  (Edge on Windows 10?  Safari on iMac?  Chrome on Android smartphone?)
    There is a well-known issue with the Orbi web interface which is too complicated to go into right now, but in essence the advice is, "just ignore the message."
  • Ethernet cable not connected should mean that there is "no internet" (nada, none, zip).
    Do you have any device with an ethernet port that can be connected directly to the cable modem?
    (Desktop, Laptop?)
    The first troubleshooting step is to verify that the ISP device is actually providing internet.
    (I know this sounds inane because the internet provider already said, "everything is good."
    When I worked in Tech Support and asked people, "is it plugged in?" more than one time after giving me a piece of their mind, they would crawl under the desk and report, "oh, dear.  It wasn't plugged in."  And I would say, "well, maybe that is part of the problem.)
  • Can you please describe the service provider equipment? (brand and exact model number)
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK 50 Ethernet cable not connected

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Any ethernet switches in the mix?

@Dbrunett wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7