Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 IPOE?

creed0330
Tutor

Orbi RBK50 IPOE?

My ISP protocol by default is IPOE, does anyone know how to config the orbi for IPOE operations?  I cant usee PPOE, I have tried, and as mentioned, IPOE is my protocol.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 IPOE?

@creed0330 wrote:

My ISP protocol by default is IPOE, does anyone know how to config the orbi for IPOE operations?  I cant usee PPOE, I have tried, and as mentioned, IPOE is my protocol.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Would you mind sharing what the ISP is?

This link seems to indicate that IPOE is commonly used by cable companies, which means you answer "No" to the question  "Do you have to log in?" and the connection is automatic.

Message 2 of 8
creed0330
Tutor

ISP is centurylink, fiber, and no, no login creds required.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Lots of people have mentioned Centurylink fiber.  What happens when you go through the setup and just answer

"Does your internet require a login" - No.

Internet IP address

"Get Dynamically from ISP"

??

Message 4 of 8
creed0330
Tutor

I'll have to check, but by default, orbi "does ISP require login" is disabled by default, I'd have to check for the other...My ISP said I cant use PPOE, I would have to use IPOE or DHCP... By default, my protocol is IPOE.  Just trying to figure out how to config orbi for IPOE.

Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@creed0330 wrote:

I'll have to check, but by default, orbi "does ISP require login" is disabled by default, I'd have to check for the other...My ISP said I cant use PPOE, I would have to use IPOE or DHCP... By default, my protocol is IPOE.  Just trying to figure out how to config orbi for IPOE.

If the ISP said use DHCP, I would use DHCP.  That is the Orbi default.  What happened when you tried it?

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact your ISP for help and information regarding IPOE. 

@Hoffman_O wrote:

I am facing problem in configuration,guys please help me 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7