Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Anywhere Access

fsdesloge
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 Anywhere Access

I have an RBR50 router (and an RBS50 satelite) that I'd like to access remotely. When I select "Enable Anywhere Access" from the Orbi app on my iPhone or iPad, I receive the error message: "The NETGEAR devices is already registered with another account". Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Anywhere Access

@fsdesloge wrote:

I have an RBR50 router (and an RBS50 satelite) that I'd like to access remotely. When I select "Enable Anywhere Access" from the Orbi app on my iPhone or iPad, I receive the error message: "The NETGEAR devices is already registered with another account". Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

What seems to have worked for others is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators by clicking on their screen name and then selecting Send a Private Message. (moderators have that"Capital N" after their screen name where you and I have some goofy symbol). Explain the circumstances, including where you purchased the Orbi, the serial number, and how to contact you privately.

(It is usually a good practice not to post personal information on a public forum, which makes the private message path a wiser choice.)

This happens a lot when people buy Orbi's that have been returned to Best Buy or Amazon and the product has been resold.  I doubt very much if the workers handling product returns know anything about whether products have been registered before being returned.

Message 2 of 4
fsdesloge
Aspirant

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Message 3 of 4
alokeprasad
Mentor

If you bought it recently and can return it, consider doing that.

They shouldn't be selling you returned equipment under false pretense.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7