Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 - Port Forwarding Not Working

JustinDS89
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 - Port Forwarding Not Working

I have an Emby media server set up which works great locally, but does not work remotely. I have the neccessary ports forwarded in Orbi, but it doesn't work at all.

I have checked with various port checkers and they all show that the port is closed. It's almost like the port forward rule is not actually taking affect. I have rebooted the router also just to make sure.

Any ideas? Or is something wrong with the router?

Thanks,

Justin

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked with your ISP that those ports are not blocked by them? or if you have a combo modem router that you have them opened on the ISP router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
CSK401
Aspirant

You don't say which ports or protocol you are tring to open;  I have opened both ports 80 & 8080 for HTTP for some webcams; this has worked perfectly on two different routers.  I did run into some proceedural issues; such as I had to open 8080 first for the first internal IP; edit the name to something other than HTTP; then go back and open port 80 for the other internal IP.  Then you MUST reboot the server for the changes to take effect.  hope that is of some assistance.

Message 3 of 5
JustinDS89
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies!

I forgot to post back, but I actually figured this out. My modem had everything restricted by default so I forwarded the port from my modem to the router and then forwarded the port from the router to my PC and everything is working.

Justin

Message 4 of 5
QQQQ
Aspirant

Found the custom button (not a drop down) and that seems to be working ok. Problem resolved. It's not an elegant method for doing this and the "http" drop down is deceptive, but it's working now.

Thank you everyone for your help on this.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7