Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 in AP mode with ethernet backhaul

Mr5858
Follower

Orbi RBR50 in AP mode with ethernet backhaul

Hi there,

I am using RBR50 in AP mode connected to 1 satellite using ethernet backhaul and this is the situation:

1.- If I connect the RBR to my router using the wan port, the satellite will not connect, I would need to connect another ethernet cable to the lan port of the RBR50.

2.- If I connect the RBR50 to my router using the lan port instead, then the red light on the RBR50 will never go out.

Is this a normal behaviour ?

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 in AP mode with ethernet backhaul

Yes, the RBR is supposed to be connected to the internet router using the yellow (WAN) port.

The RBS (satellite) is supposed to be connected to one of the LAN ports on the RBR, not on one of the ports on the internet router.

Is it not possible to connect the satellite to one of the LAN ports on the Orbi router (in Access Point (AP) mode) ?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 in AP mode with ethernet backhaul

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

@Mr5858 wrote:

Hi there,

I am using RBR50 in AP mode connected to 1 satellite using ethernet backhaul and this is the situation:

1.- If I connect the RBR to my router using the wan port, the satellite will not connect, I would need to connect another ethernet cable to the lan port of the RBR50.

2.- If I connect the RBR50 to my router using the lan port instead, then the red light on the RBR50 will never go out.

Is this a normal behaviour ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7