Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi drops interernet connection

ydes
Aspirant

Orbi drops interernet connection

Hello

I have an rbk53 (firmware V2.3.5.30) connected to a Genexis Hybrid modem (FTTH).

From my PCs/Devices I experience disconnections to the internet, 2-3 times a day. The Genexis shows that it is connected so I do not suspect the provider.

Whenever the disconnection is observed I either

1. go to Orbi web admin interface, click Internet and then Test (solves the issue in a few seconds)

2. unplug/plug the ethernet cable towards the modem (solves the issue in several seconds)

both actions solve the issue, but it is annoying...

My questions are

1. Is there a known incopatibility/issue between the 2 devices (orbi and genexis)?

2. How can I further troubleshoot the issue and solve it?

thanks in advance for your help

Yannis

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi drops interernet connection

The next time this happens, can you go to the Orbi web interface, the Advanced Tab, and click on the "Connection Status".

What does it show for the DHCP lease?  Here's mine:

Lease.PNG

Message 2 of 9
ydes
Aspirant

Hi

the values I have now are the following, and if I remeber correctly, I see similar ones when the issue occures (maybe the exipration is a bit higher, like 26 min):

Lease Obtained 0 Days, 0 Hours, 30 Minutes Lease Expires 0 Days, 0 Hours, 22 Minutes

Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

A 30 minute DHCP lease is VERY short. I would call the provider and ask, "WFT?"
Message 4 of 9
ydes
Aspirant

Hello,

I asked them and they say it is normal. 

Their exact answer is "The lease lasts for 30mins and is refreshed every 15minutes. This is normal"

Does that affect my router that much?

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ydes wrote:

Hello

I have an rbk53 (firmware V2.3.5.30)

This is your problem.  Do a search.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed on the RBR and RBS since last FW update? 

I for one and others have mentioned that this seems to help after last FW update to help resolve odd issues seen after the last FW update was appllied.

@ydes wrote:

Hello

I have an rbk53 (firmware V2.3.5.30) connected to a Genexis Hybrid modem (FTTH).

From my PCs/Devices I experience disconnections to the internet, 2-3 times a day. The Genexis shows that it is connected so I do not suspect the provider.

Whenever the disconnection is observed I either

1. go to Orbi web admin interface, click Internet and then Test (solves the issue in a few seconds)

2. unplug/plug the ethernet cable towards the modem (solves the issue in several seconds)

both actions solve the issue, but it is annoying...

My questions are

1. Is there a known incopatibility/issue between the 2 devices (orbi and genexis)?

2. How can I further troubleshoot the issue and solve it?

thanks in advance for your help

Yannis

Message 7 of 9
ydes
Aspirant

Before doing a factory reset, Is there a way to backup my settings and restore them? For example I have enabled circle,I prefer not to configure again all devices.

Thanks
Ydes
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Under Administration/Backup. 

Please factory reset and setup from scratch first and test the problem before applying the back up configuration. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7