Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi mesh system no longer connects

Anukis79
Aspirant

Orbi mesh system no longer connects

I've been so frustrated. Please help. I bought the Orbi mesh system ( RBR10) last August of 2020. It worked and connected great then i started to have connection issues after about 3-4 months and now the app doesn't locate my router anymore, no matter what I do. It keeps asking me to log in to the wifi but I cannot connect to the orbi wifi either because it doesn't show up in the list. I've plugged, unplugged, hit the reset button..nothing. It's like it's gone with that orange light that stays lit. I had reached out several times to customer service and requested a replacement but would not get a reply just an email telling me to call within 24 hrs. During the final reach out in late December, my hardware is still under warranty but I was told sorry your 90-day complimentary service has ended and I'll have to pay at least $89 just to speak with someone to get help with my hardware that's still under warranty 😒..such a rip-off. Against my better judgement I bought this. I now regret it. Does anyone have any idea how I can I get this back to working please, please, please?!?? I received an update software email but I cannot because I can't get the app to locate it or find the orbi wifi network. Otherwise I've wasted $149 and it's just collecting dust. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi mesh system no longer connects

On page 10 of the User Manual, exactly which LED is "solid amber"?

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK12/RBK12_13_14_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Anukis79 wrote:
I've been so frustrated. Please help. I bought the Orbi mesh system ( RBR10) last August of 2020. It worked and connected great then i started to have connection issues after about 3-4 months and now the app doesn't locate my router anymore, no matter what I do. It keeps asking me to log in to the wifi but I cannot connect to the orbi wifi either because it doesn't show up in the list. I've plugged, unplugged, hit the reset button..nothing. It's like it's gone with that orange light that stays lit. I had reached out several times to customer service and requested a replacement but would not get a reply just an email telling me to call within 24 hrs. During the final reach out in late December, my hardware is still under warranty but I was told sorry your 90-day complimentary service has ended and I'll have to pay at least $89 just to speak with someone to get help with my hardware that's still under warranty 😒..such a rip-off. Against my better judgement I bought this. I now regret it. Does anyone have any idea how I can I get this back to working please, please, please?!?? I received an update software email but I cannot because I can't get the app to locate it or find the orbi wifi network. Otherwise I've wasted $149 and it's just collecting dust. Thank you.

Since the Orbi WiFi name does  not appear, my guess is that the Orbi is hung somehow. Maybe it is time for a "Factory Reset" (not an ordinary reset). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 (Although the models are different, the processs is the same. Stick something very small into the tiny "reset" hole and hold it until the Power LED (on the back, not the LED on the front) begins to flash.

This should reset everything.

Message 3 of 4
Anukis79
Aspirant

Thank you!! I finally got it to reset and my orbi_setup wifi shows now. My router has a solid white led light on front. I am connected to the Orbi wifi but my app keeps saying orbi network not found but I'm connected to it. So the app isn't talking with my router. What am I missing?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7