Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi network won't connect to the internet

denmig
Tutor

Orbi network won't connect to the internet

Hello,

While installing my orbi, in the end the network is established but there is no internet connection. When I disconnected and put my old router  (Netgear R6300 Smart WiFi Router) back up to the plate I have internet again. I have DSL from Frontier and the modem I use is a netgear broadband ADSL2+ .  I'm sure there is a setting on the modem that I am probably unaware of that needs to be altered.  Any advice or ideas ?

Message 1 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Re: Orbi network won't connect to the internet

Many ISPs will only hand out 1 IP address.  Therefore, try rebooting your modem after you hook up your Orbi to it.  As a last resort, have the Orbi clone the MAC address of the R6300.

Message 2 of 5
denmig
Tutor

Thanks for the assistance. I wound up calling Netgear support and they were able to help me get it connected.

Message 3 of 5

What did you have to do to make it work?

The answer might help someone who turns up here in the future with the same problem.

Message 4 of 5
denmig
Tutor

Netgear customer service was very patient and very helpful.  Started at www.orbilogin.net  .  I was trying to do the same thing at www.orbilogin.com, perhaps a "duh" moment on my part.  Anyways, they had me select the advanced tab and then run the setup wizard, skipping the firmware update step.  Following all the prompts I was able to connect to the internet.  Sometimes the simplest thing can trip you up.  Afterwards they had me manually download the satellite firmware upgrade via a zip file and then install it.  Finally I updated the router firmware via the online option.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7