Re: Orbi outdoor RBS50Y leaks..ruined by water

CrimpOn
Sensei

@Dolcinea wrote:

Just found out why my barn cameras were not working.  My outdoor Orbi satellite had water in it.  I spent about $350 for the unit and it was advertised as wheaher proof.  Not the case.  

over a year old? Some users have been able to dry it out.

I love my Orbi.
Message 26 of 29
alokeprasad
Mentor

And put it in a weather-proof enclosure after drying and testing it?

If you use it as-it, it will get flooded again.

Less than a year old? Return it under warranty.

Orbi RBK50v2 ver 2.7.2.104
Love my Orbi (with this firmware version).
Message 27 of 29
fsse3443
Aspirant

I can apprehend now not having a UPS with so little use. But it does make a energy slump #1 on my list of suspects. If there may be a nearby UPS, you may need to plug it in there, even if the NAS is not set up to display it. If the trouble is going away, you've got determined the culpret.

Message 28 of 29
randomousity
Luminary

Some credit cards offer an extended warranty to purchases paid for with that card. I know at least some American Express cards offer this, and have taken advantage of the program and been reimbursed by the card issuer for a phone that died out-of-warranty.

If it has a one-year warranty, and died out-of-warranty, there's probably not much you can do, unfortunately. It lasted as long as they said it would last.

My Setup | Internet via TC8715D Cable modem, Bridge Mode, 200↓ 10↑ | Wifi Router Orbi RBK50 AC3000, Router Mode, Wireless Backhaul
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements