Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router extension

Josh_hutter
Aspirant

Orbi router extension

So my family has a orbi home system and one router extension. I recently got a pc and need to hardwire it with a Ethernet but my pc isn’t close to the router. And the extension doesn’t have Ethernet ports. Is there a orbi product that is an extension to the home orbi that also has Ethernet ports?
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi router extension

the RBS20, rbs40, rbs50, rbs40v all have ethernet ports. 

which version of orbi system do you have? 

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

here's a basic comparison chart

Message 3 of 8
Josh_hutter
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi system AC2200
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

the RBK50 system's satellites should be RBS50's and have ethernet ports. 

What "extension" are you talking about? 

Message 5 of 8
Josh_hutter
Aspirant

So our orbi router is actually a RBR20
Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

The router itself is an rbr20. What satellites do you have? Do you have any satellites with it or just the router? 

If its just the router, any of the satellites I listed prior would work and have ethernet ports. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Also if more LAN Ports are needed, one can always add on a external LAN switch behing the RBR or RBS for additonal LAN ports. 

@Josh_hutter wrote:
So my family has a orbi home system and one router extension. I recently got a pc and need to hardwire it with a Ethernet but my pc isn’t close to the router. And the extension doesn’t have Ethernet ports. Is there a orbi product that is an extension to the home orbi that also has Ethernet ports?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7