Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi voice with rbk50 question.

Prodigalgenius
Aspirant

Orbi voice with rbk50 question.

Will this setup downgrade the overall network backhaul maxing at rbs40v rate? Ive read conflicting information about this. I have 2 rbs50 with the kit and added the boice in the basement. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi voice with rbk50 question.

@Prodigalgenius wrote:

Will this setup downgrade the overall network backhaul maxing at rbs40v rate? Ive read conflicting information about this. I have 2 rbs50 with the kit and added the boice in the basement. 

If you add an RBS40V Orbi Voice and use it in wireless mode, you will lose the faster backhaul channel that is on the RBR50 and RBS50, only for devices connected to the RBS40V.

Since the RBS40v is AC2200 compared to the RBR50 and RBS50 at AC3000, the WIFI coverage will be less than the RBR50 and RBS50. The RBS40V has 4 antennas and the RBR50 and RBS50 have 6 antennas.

With that said, I doubt you will notice much WIFI speed difference on your device.

note: Many users use RBS20 satellites to extend their RBK50 system. The RBS40V is stronger than the RBS20, and is on sale now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No. 

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

There is a Orbi with Voice forum as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Message 2 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@Prodigalgenius wrote:

If you add an RBS40V Orbi Voice and use it in wireless mode, you will lose the faster backhaul channel that is on the RBR50 and RBS50, only for devices connected to the RBS40V.

Since the RBS40v is AC2200 compared to the RBR50 and RBS50 at AC3000, the WIFI coverage will be less than the RBR50 and RBS50. The RBS40V has 4 antennas and the RBR50 and RBS50 have 6 antennas.

With that said, I doubt you will notice much WIFI speed difference on your device.

note: Many users use RBS20 satellites to extend their RBK50 system. The RBS40V is stronger than the RBS20, and is on sale now.

Message 3 of 4
Prodigalgenius
Aspirant

That is what I thought that only the devices connected to the rbs40v node will lose the backhaul.thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7