Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

Slothtony
Aspirant

Orbi

I have tried everything from power cycling, to factory reseting, the router will not work no matter what I try and do, I tried to talk to netgear representatives and they give me the same thing as online does, the ring light on top of router wont light up it wont turn amber when reset button is held. I dont know what to do
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8

Re: Orbi

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@Slothtony wrote:
I have tried everything from power cycling, to factory reseting, the router will not work no matter what I try and do, I tried to talk to netgear representatives and they give me the same thing as online does, the ring light on top of router wont light up it wont turn amber when reset button is held. I dont know what to do

There appears to be confusion over the Orbi "lights".  There are two lights on the Orbi: (1) a tiny LED on the back next to the power button, and (2) a "Ring Light" at the top which creates sort of "halo ring" around the top of the case.

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

During a Factory Reset, it is the LED on the back that will turn amber and begin to blink: The ring light at the top does nothing during the reset (off)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Sometimes it takes longer for the power LED to begin flashing amber than one would expect.  There is even a procedure called the "30-30-30" which involves holding the paperclip in the tiny hole for 30 seconds, powering off the Orbi for 30 seconds (while still holding the paperclip), then powering it on again and holding the paperclip for 30 seconds.  (Fingers get tired!)

Message 3 of 8
Slothtony
Aspirant

I tried the 30-30-30 didnt work, doesnt put a wifi signal to my phone to connect to rendering my orbi useless, I cant do anything still.
Message 4 of 8
Slothtony
Aspirant

Netgear docis 3.0
Message 5 of 8

@Slothtony wrote:
Netgear docis 3.0

That a standard for cable modems, not a Netgear model number.

Here's where to look on the label on the device.

model number

Message 6 of 8
Slothtony
Aspirant

NETGEAR - 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem - Black
Model:CM1000-100NASSKU:5712202
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the RBR is bad if the top ring does not turn on and start to blink WHITE. 

Try a different Power adapter, like the one from the RBS if you have one. 

IF the top ring is not turning on at all and blink WHITE afterwards, then the RBR needs to be replaced. 

@Slothtony wrote:

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7