Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 Can't Connect to Orbi RBK12

gregpgleason
Follower

PS4 Can't Connect to Orbi RBK12

I recently installed an Orbi RBK12 wireless mesh network. I receive 230 MB download and 15 MB upload. Whenever I try to connect my PS4 to the wireless network I connect for only a few minutes before I receive the error message “Cannot Connect to Server”. It makes playing games online impossible Any advice on how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: PS4 Can't Connect to Orbi RBK12

@gregpgleason wrote:

I recently installed an Orbi RBK12 wireless mesh network. I receive 230 MB download and 15 MB upload. Whenever I try to connect my PS4 to the wireless network I connect for only a few minutes before I receive the error message “Cannot Connect to Server”. It makes playing games online impossible Any advice on how to solve the issue?

Are any other devices having connection problems?  (smartphones, computers, tablets, etc.)

If not, then my first step would be to go through the troubleshooting steps from this web site:

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Connection-Error-Codes?language=en_US 

Can you please describe the Internet Service Provider device that the Orbi router is connected to?

I do not know about PS4, but there are some internet games where in addition to central servers, the player can host sessions on the local computer.  This requires ports to be open for connections into the local network.  Orbi does not block any ports going out to the internet, but at the same time it rejects all attempts to connect into the network unless the router has been set to "open" them.  This is impossible if the Orbi is connected to an ISP router that is doing the same thing. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7