Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with recovering admin password-Orbi

acbiehl
Follower

Problem with recovering admin password-Orbi

I went to recover my admin password.  I put in the serial number as requested and 2 security questions popped up that I don't have the answer to.  I know I didn't choose them because one is about my youngest sister and I don't have any sisters.  I put in the correct serial number because I copied and pasted from my account and tried putting it in manually and got the same questions.  Help!  I'm supposed to do a firmware update and can't without this password.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Problem with recovering admin password-Orbi

First, no need to panic.  If the Orbi is meeting your needs, there is no urgency about doing a firmware update.

How did you learn of this "need to update"?  People are reporting getting emails about updating when their routers have already been updated.  There is a story going around about a "vulnerability" that was actually patched last June.  No panic.

If you really want to get into the Orbi web interface and the "Password Recovery" feature is not working, then you have only one choice.

Perform a "Factory Reset" and set the router up from scratch.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

It sound as if you have not done a lot to "customize" this Orbi configuration, so a factory reset may be a relatively painless experience.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7