Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 50

IanWZ
Follower

RBK 50

Hi,

I have an Orbi network (RBK 50) working for some months already, the router is in the 1st floor and the satellite (only one until now) in the 2nd floor.

My Sonos Beam (no additional devices until now), located very near to and in the same room as the satellite, was working OK until a couple of days ago.

Searching for the problem I realized that the Beam is now connected to the router, which is far away, instead of the satellite.

The Sonos has never been connected with an ethernet cable and I tried restarting it by pulling the plug, but when I connected it again it still connected to the router.

Does someone know what the problem.could be?

Thanks for the help!

IanWZ
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 50

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBK 50

I guess that the Sonos Beam is then connected on the 2.4 GHz band. Can you please confirm this.
If so then it can be that the 5 GHz channel that you use in Orbi has high interference and thus Orbi is choosing the 2.4 GHz channel. If the Sonos is too close to the Satellite then it will prefer the Router’s 2.4 GHz wifi.
I suggest the following, provided that you can confirm the above assumption:
1. Please make a wifi scan and choose the least used wifi channels for the 5 and 2.4 GHz channels.
2. Please reduce the 2.4 GHz transmission power in the Advanced Radio Settings.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7