Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK23

AJCC
Aspirant

RBK23

My wifi always goes down at night and doest come back up until the next morning which I find wierd, not sure if its the orbi modem and satellites.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK23

@AJCC wrote:
My wifi always goes down at night and doest come back up until the next morning which I find wierd, not sure if its the orbi modem and satellites.

This happens without you taking any action?

There is a section in the Orbi web interface, the Advanced Tab, Security, "Schedule" where the owner can set the Orbi to enforce settings on a schedule.  Is there anything set in this section?

Message 2 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry.  I neglected to ask what the Orbi is connected to (exact brand and model).

If the Orbi is connected to a "router", that device most likely also has "schedule" capabilities.

Does the Orbi Log show anything in regard to the times that the internet disappears and reappears?

(web interface, Advanced Tab, Administration, Log)

Message 3 of 16
AJCC
Aspirant

It is connected to the modem which spectrum brought and they also brought a router which I replaced with the orbi, I did not connect the orbi directly to the interne Cable because it was a coaxial cable and the orbi doesn’t have that port, but the spectrum does
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the information.  With the Spectrum modem being "only a modem", there should be no scheduling activity taking place on the modem.

Have you been able to look at the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.com) to see if any schedule has been applied?

Is there a regular pattern when internet access "goes away" and "comes back"?

Message 5 of 16
AJCC
Aspirant

Lately like the has been a pattern, the wifi goes off during this time (11pm-12am) and I haven’t been able to look at that website due to the router being offline i have to use my data and when I click on the link I doesn’t recognize the orbi because im not connected to it. And thanks a lot for helping me out!
Message 6 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

This is truly strange, because one of the "features" people are upset that the Orbi does not have is the ability to schedule the WiFi to turn on and off on a schedule.

When this Orbi was set up, were Disney Circle and/or Bitdefender Armor activated?  I believe there are capabilities in Circle to restrict devices  by time of day.  (I have never activated either product, so this is all hearsay on my part.)

If you look at the Orbi log (when you can get to the Orbi), does anything appear in the log corresponding to these times of day?

Are there any "wired" devices connected to the Orbi (PC, laptop, TV, etc.)?

Message 7 of 16
AJCC
Aspirant

Right a little after my orbi was set up i activated bitedefender armor security trial but i think it already expired, and yes there are 3 devices connected by wires to the satellites, 2 pc and a gaming console (ps4)
Message 8 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

Where I was going with the question is

• If WiFi disappears at certain times, but wired PC's are still "good", then a web browser on the PC should be able to look at the Orbi web interface.
  • If the entire Orbi "goes dead" and then "comes back to life"..... wow!  That almost sounds like it is connected to an electrical outlet with a timer, and the log should show the Orbi "starting" every day.
Message 9 of 16
AJCC
Aspirant

Yes im going to try that, the thing is the wifi pops up but it has no internet, I can connect to the wifi and go to the orbi app where it says that the router is offline but being connected to the wifi it doesn’t let me browse on any device or any other internet required task
Message 10 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

I'm sorry we geeks are so literal.  "No WiFi" and "No Internet" are different problems to us.

• If there is WiFi, but no internet, then the Orbi web interface should still be available (http://orbilogin.net).
    That provides access to a lot of information about the Orbi.
  • If there is "no WiFi at all", that indicates the Orbi itself it not working.

Message 11 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

"My Bad"  I did not read carefully.  The Orbi web interface says the router is "offline".

Probably time to power off the modem and Orbi.  Power on the modem.  Wait for the lights to settle down.  Then power on the Orbi.

Message 12 of 16
AJCC
Aspirant

Sure but will i have to do this every time it happens because like i said this only happens at night, whenever i wake up the modem is working (everything is working)
Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 14 of 16
AJCC
Aspirant

This is what it shows on advanced tab, security, schedule
It says days to block: everyday
Then time of the day to block: (use 24-hour clock)
All day
This is that it says
Message 15 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for checking.  That is the default setting.  On the "Block Sites" and "Block Services" pages, my Orbi is set to "Never".  I am guessing your Orbi is set the same way.

This is most strange that the system would "turn off" for several hours and then "turn back on by itself".

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7