Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK44-100NAS with the xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway Can I disable the XFi wireless router

ehsiii
Aspirant

RBK44-100NAS with the xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway Can I disable the XFi wireless router

its a Model Number:  CGM4140COM xfi router can I disable the wireless? Any issues using this with RBK44.?  Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK44-100NAS with the xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway Can I disable the XFi wireless router

The way I read it, Xfinity is touted as a "wonderful solution to everything".  They provide a web portal to configure and control the myriad of services: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-app-and-portal Gosh, Xfinity even provides WiFi "extender pods" (sort of like an Orbi system).

My guess is that by logging into your Xfinity account you can do things like turn off the Xfinity WiFi.

Have no idea if the Xfinity can be placed into "bridge mode".

If it cannot, then the easiest solution is to (a) disable the Xfinity WiFi and (b) attach the Orbi in Access Point (AP) mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7