Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Satellite

ratjunior
Aspirant

RBK50 Satellite

Hi All,

I have a RBK50 set. I want to add a satellite to extend my reach. I know that I can use a RBW30 or a RBS40V as satellites. I was wondering if I can use any other satellites that plug directly into the wall that may be a little more affordable. I dont want to lose any of the features the orbis offer. Something like an AC50 is what I was looking at.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 Satellite

Yes, the RBW and RBS series are all satellies. The only ones that won't work is the 1 series. 

Also the RBS50Y outdoor series works too. Also EX7500, 7700 and 8000 extenders also work too. Though these don't support the backhaul feature. 

Message 2 of 6
ratjunior
Aspirant

Thanks FURRYe38,

I think I will be going with the RBW30. I think it will best work for us. Dont need another Alexa something, nor the one made for outside that you mentioned. 

BTW: What is the "backhaul" you mentioned? Is it critical for operation? I am not a network engineer!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

For Orbi units yes. 

Message 4 of 6
ratjunior
Aspirant

So do you have knowledge of the RBW30? Good unit? I am very happy with what we have so far.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't personally. However I believe the EX7500 is kinda close as in hardware wise. I've seen various posts in the forums about the RBW. Kind of a mixed bag on good and bad experiences. Something to try and and if it doesn't work for you, send it back. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7