Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR10 no longer keeps connection in mobile devices?

Hoodleehoo
Aspirant

RBR10 no longer keeps connection in mobile devices?

This is weird. I've had this orbi for less than a year and up until recently it worked great. Now all of a sudden none of our mobile devices (including iphone, ipad, and android) will stay connected to it for longer than a minute or two. It says "incorrect password" even though the password is correct. I even reset the password, but that didn't fix it. I also updated the firmware, and even rebooted it (both from the weblogin and manually by unplugging everything and waiting 10 minutes). When you try to reconnect it will connect okay for a couple of minutes, but then go out again.

What the heck is going on?? I opened a case asking for a replacement since it is still under warranty, but they will not get back to me. It's been over a week.
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR10 no longer keeps connection in mobile devices?

If you do a Factory Reset*, the WiFi password should go back to the original value printed on the product label.  Also the web browser interface will return to "admin" and "password" (lower case).  When routers behave strangely, one of the common steps is to reset it and start over.

*Factory Reset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 2 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR10 no longer keeps connection in mobile devices?

Hello Hoodleehoo,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Are you still having issues connecting your devices to your Orbi?

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7