Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 - Mobile Devices Can't Connect to Internet

moondog417
Aspirant

RBR50 - Mobile Devices Can't Connect to Internet

All of the mobile devices that I typically use on my network can no longer access the internet through the WiFi network. They connect to the WiFi but can't get to the internet. Computers, game console, and WiFi cameras still work fine. 

I've reset my modem, router, and all devices. I have updated the firmware on the router, and reset network settings on my devices, with no luck.

I have adjusted router settings such as turning off parental controls, adjusting the router maximum power, connecting to the satellite instead, turning off the satellite completely, changing the WiFi channel numbers, and connecting through a Guest WiFi, all with no change to the result.

The specific devices that won't work are:

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.6.1

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.0

iPhone XR, iOS 15.2.1

iPad Pro (12.9 inch), OS 15.3

Dell Chromebook 11

Dell Chromebook 3100

I would have guessed it's an Apple issue, except for the chromebooks not working

I can see all devices as connected to 5GHz in the Router Configuration (browser based). Other devices such as laptops and my Xbox connect via 5GHz just fine. I'm going to factory reset the router next, but was hoping to avoid that option. Spectrum (my internet provider) says that it's a router problem because some devices work fine.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
moondog417
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 - Mobile Devices Can't Connect to Internet

Modem: Spectrum ES2251

I solved my particular issue by manually setting DNS Servers. I’m going to use Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. I was able to get it working using Google 8.8.8.8 as well as multiple other publicly available DNS.

Not sure why the router couldn’t automatically get ones from Spectrum, but oh well. At least I don’t have to factory reset, but that probably would have taken less time out of my evening.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem is the router connected to? 

Message 2 of 4
moondog417
Aspirant

Modem: Spectrum ES2251

I solved my particular issue by manually setting DNS Servers. I’m going to use Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. I was able to get it working using Google 8.8.8.8 as well as multiple other publicly available DNS.

Not sure why the router couldn’t automatically get ones from Spectrum, but oh well. At least I don’t have to factory reset, but that probably would have taken less time out of my evening.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

For apple devices be sure to disable WiFi Private IP address on these devices when at home. 

I recommend making a configuration back up to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7