Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 password recovery failure

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@feignit wrote:

Here's a video of what happens

https://imgur.com/a/GWTxbhM

Thanks

The 401 error makes me ask....have you ever been able to login before now?  Any changes to your network, modem?

Message 26 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

And have you powered OFF The RBR for 30 seconds then back on after clearing all caches in Chrome to see if this helps any? Seems like a Chrome issue. Possible un-install Chrome and re-install it. 

What Chrome updated recently? I presume it had been working up to some point? 

@feignit wrote:

Here's a video of what happens

https://imgur.com/a/GWTxbhM

Message 27 of 33
feignit
Star

I have not powered off the orbi, but I have cleared out my chrome cookies and caches, disabled password autofill, my password manager (1password) and this still happens. All of this began when I entered the password wrong one too many times in Chrome, by the time I had figured out the correct password, I ran into this, I even went through the password reset procedure earlier today. Logging in via Safari or the app is fine.

Message 28 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@feignit wrote:

I have not powered off the orbi, but I have cleared out my chrome cookies and caches, disabled password autofill, my password manager (1password) and this still happens. All of this began when I entered the password wrong one too many times in Chrome, by the time I had figured out the correct password, I ran into this, I even went through the password reset procedure earlier today. Logging in via Safari or the app is fine.

As suggested, it appears you're having a problem with Chrome.  That fact that you entered the wrong password too many times may have caused Chrome to lock the Orbi login down.  Either reinstall Chrome or take a look at the Chrome password manager.  Good luck.

Message 29 of 33
Sherriebass
Aspirant

I am having same issue where pw flashes by then brings up questions again.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 30 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to clear out ALL browser caches. Exit the browser then try again. 

Try a different browser to compare. 

If all else fails, factory reset the router using the back push pin button for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

@Sherriebass wrote:

I am having same issue where pw flashes by then brings up questions again.

Message 31 of 33
Sherriebass
Aspirant

This is happening on my RBR20, using safari

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 32 of 33

@Sherriebass wrote:

This is happening on my RBR20, using safari

You have tried the suggestions in the message before yours?

Safari does not support password recovery. See your manual.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7