Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 post v.2.2.1.210 update my logging has change behavior in a negative way.

hykgoml
Follower

RBR50 post v.2.2.1.210 update my logging has change behavior in a negative way.

Model Name Device Name Current Version Status
Router RBR50 RBR50 V2.2.1.210 No new firmware version available.

I just noticed that post update to V2.2.1.210 my nightly (as configured) log emails now contain a running log of more than just the last 24 hours. I am on Sunday Oct 28th (when I got the update)  to last night (5th) and only getting longer.

Previous to the last update I would only get the past 24 hours of logging.

Is this a defect or how it's going to be from now on (as designed)?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 post v.2.2.1.210 update my logging has change behavior in a negative way.

Your experience is similar to several users.  Orbi's management of log files appears to be "broken" in a number of ways, including what events are put into the log file, when logs are sent, and when the log file is cleared.  Some people report that when they "reset to factory", the behavior becomes normal again.  (I, personally, find the effort to reset and input all my configuration more trouble than getting a good log file is worth, so I have not tried this myself.)

It is probably worth pointing out that the vast majority of Orbi owners have probably NEVER looked at the log file, and certainly have NOT set the Orbi to email log files to them.  We are a tiny minority.  Of course, this is not an excuse for poor programming.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7