Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50v2 Flashing white Router Ring

Azrael90
Aspirant

RBR50v2 Flashing white Router Ring

After moving my network hardware to a new room (Orbi RBR50v2 and modem) I noticed that the ring LED was continuing to pulse white when it was starting up, and I did not have an internet connection on either of my ethernet connected computers.  I waited around 10 minutes and pushed the power button, waited 30 seconds and turned it back on, but nothing had changed still the pulsing white light.  My internet is working fine as well, as I can plug directly into the modem with 1 of my computers and it is connected.  I tried to factory reset the router, however when the power LED starts to flash amber I let go and the light goes out.  I have waited nearly 10 minutes and the light never came back on.  Tried a few other troubleshooting: changed power supply with the satellite, tried a different outlet.  I have had it for just over a year.  Both router and Satellite have already been updated to latest firmware with no issues a month or 2 ago.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Azrael90
Aspirant

Re: RBR50v2 Flashing white Router Ring

I will first start off by stating that my router has finally been set back to factory settings.  This morning before I left for work I had plugged the power back into the router and once it had started up I held the reset button until the power LED started to blink the amber color.  I then stopped pressing the button and left for work.  Upon returning home I noticed the top ring LED was solid white and I was able to connect to the router and reconfigure it.  I guess it just needed a longer time (more than the 10+ minutes I waited before) to go through its process of factory resetting itself.  Weird, but I'll take it.

To answer your questions, even though not needed but to provide context:

Current firmware is V2.7.3.22
The modem is a Motorola - MB7621
Yes, a power cycle has been done since the last update.
I did try this power sequence last night, and that is the normal procedure I follow when restarting my modem and router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

@Azrael90 wrote:

After moving my network hardware to a new room (Orbi RBR50v2 and modem) I noticed that the ring LED was continuing to pulse white when it was starting up, and I did not have an internet connection on either of my ethernet connected computers.  I waited around 10 minutes and pushed the power button, waited 30 seconds and turned it back on, but nothing had changed still the pulsing white light.  My internet is working fine as well, as I can plug directly into the modem with 1 of my computers and it is connected.  I tried to factory reset the router, however when the power LED starts to flash amber I let go and the light goes out.  I have waited nearly 10 minutes and the light never came back on.  Tried a few other troubleshooting: changed power supply with the satellite, tried a different outlet.  I have had it for just over a year.  Both router and Satellite have already been updated to latest firmware with no issues a month or 2 ago.  

Message 2 of 3
Azrael90
Aspirant

I will first start off by stating that my router has finally been set back to factory settings.  This morning before I left for work I had plugged the power back into the router and once it had started up I held the reset button until the power LED started to blink the amber color.  I then stopped pressing the button and left for work.  Upon returning home I noticed the top ring LED was solid white and I was able to connect to the router and reconfigure it.  I guess it just needed a longer time (more than the 10+ minutes I waited before) to go through its process of factory resetting itself.  Weird, but I'll take it.

To answer your questions, even though not needed but to provide context:

Current firmware is V2.7.3.22
The modem is a Motorola - MB7621
Yes, a power cycle has been done since the last update.
I did try this power sequence last night, and that is the normal procedure I follow when restarting my modem and router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7