Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50v2 - Issues post Firmware update

indinsg
Aspirant

RBR50v2 - Issues post Firmware update

Hi,

Just did a firware update and having issues connecting to the Orbi app. It asks for the admin password, which i entered with the default password. Does not go in. Tried resetting the admin password on HTTP://orbilogin.com, takes me to a page to answer two questions, which I have no recollection of setting up, so no luck there. Tried deleting that app and reinstalling, same issue. Anyone with any suggestions on how to overcome the admin login issue? I have not changed the default when I had setup.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lucose

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
vajim
Master

The default Gateway IP address of your Orbi is 192.168.1.1.

Message 2 of 6
slappydooda
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue after I tried rolling back firmware. The only thing left for me to do is factory reset...
Message 3 of 6
indinsg
Aspirant

Cant ping 192.168.1.1 when I connect to the WiFi on my desktop. Attached network configuration from my mac.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
vajim
Master

@indinsg wrote:

Cant ping 192.168.1.1 when I connect to the WiFi on my desktop. Attached network configuration from my mac.

What is your modem?

Message 5 of 6
joejoethedog
Tutor

Not sure if you've fixed this yet, but your default network on the Orbi is 10.0.0.X, so your Orbi router should be at 10.0.0.1 per your screenshot. (This is non-default, btw, but it is ok.) Also, going to orbilogin.com when connected to the Orbi wifi is correct, since Orbi does the DNS translation to the correct IP address of the router.

If you don't know your secruity questions, then you will need to do a factory reset.  Sorry!  https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7