Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 dropping internet connectivity

pfworks
Guide

RBS50 dropping internet connectivity

A few days ago, my satellite really started disconneting from the internet. I applied the 2.1.1.16 update, and it isn't helping. I can see everything on my internal network, but the satellite can't route the the internet. This is getting annoying, as I have to rest the satellite every 1-2 hours.

I either need this fixed, or need a way to lock wifi clients to the router, and just use the satellite box for the ethernet. Can someone help here? I don't want to have to go with another solution, as I like not having to have a persistent connection to a backend like mesh systems have.

It's almost like the satellite loses the default route.

Anecdotally, this seems to trigger more if I have a long-running data transfer.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
jillwaters
Aspirant

Re: RBS50 dropping internet connectivity

irrespective of model it appears that this issue is common to many netgear products - they have a built in obsolence that means they fail after a few months - check out the posts here 

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/netgear.html

Netgear programme their routers to fail so that they can charge between 150 and 50 dollars for a 'fix' that means you get one off product support. 

i am still seraching online to figure out how to fix my router - it is a settings issue but they still want more than the cost of the router to tell me how to get it to work

Message 2 of 3
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: RBS50 dropping internet connectivity

No, it's just that they don't know what they are doing. Nothing malicious - just plain old stupidity!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7